Many remark upon information-overload in what seems to be becoming our ‘post-truth-world’. That is, it is becoming increasingly difficult to look for truth ‘out there’ because in researching any subject whatsoever, there are myriad, contrasting viewpoints and ‘truths’
- Is this media outlet fake news, or is it that one?
- Is there climate change, or no climate change?
- Is it the best of times, or the worst of times?
- Is the earth over-populated, or is there enough room for us all?
- Is a given country ‘defending democracy’, or just its backpocket?
- Is this treasure, or trash?
Whatever the dichotomies and paradoxes, they all have their supporting arguments amongst the 7.7 billion of us here on planet earth. You can google whatever you want, and the ‘rightness or the wrongness’ of any subject whatsoever has been laid out for you, hundreds and maybe thousands of times over.